As a nonprofit organization, For African Jews is dedicated to supporting Jews living in Africa and preserving their cultural heritage. Our mission is to empower African Jews by providing a range of resources for support, connection, education, and celebration. This includes offering financial assistance to pre-screened individuals in need, such as the elderly and those facing burial expenses. We also strive to assist suitable candidates in finding remote job opportunities, providing mentorship and educational programs, and access to necessities such as food. Additionally, we celebrate Jewish heritage and observe holidays through tutorials, crafts, and other activities, preserving the unique cultural traditions of African Jews. By building a supportive community and fostering connections, we aim to help African Jews thrive and celebrate their identity.
'Purity Project': The Birth of 'For Our African Jews'
We push for financial independence in our communities by working with local businesses and city officials to provide, jobs, training and professional development.
We help others.
Youth engagement, giving hope and opportunities to the future generation as well as taking care of the elderly and less fortunate in our communities.
FAQ - Frequent Asked Questions (Click Toggle to View)
1. What is the mission of 'For Our African Jews'? 'For Our African Jews' is a non-profit organization dedicated to uniting African Jews from different countries and cultures and supporting their needs. The organization aims to foster a sense of unity and belonging among African Jews, offering resources to support personal, educational, and career goals, and providing financial aid to those in need.
2. Who founded 'For Our African Jews'? 'For Our African Jews' was founded by Simcha-Chaya Ben Avraham, a woman dedicated to her cultural heritage, religious practices, and her community.
3. What inspired the creation of 'For Our African Jews'? The organization was inspired by the loss of Simcha-Chaya's beloved sister, Purity. In honoring her sister’s memory, Simcha-Chaya decided to extend her love for community to the wider African Jewish community.
4. What is the 'Purity Project'? The 'Purity Project' is an endeavor by Simcha-Chaya to carry forward Purity’s legacy of community service and dedication. It is a tribute to a beloved sister, a testament to the resilience of the human spirit, and an affirmation of the belief in the power of community.
5. How does 'For Our African Jews' plan to support African Jews? The organization operates with a three-pronged approach: identifying and researching job opportunities, developing strategies to help African Jews effectively pursue these jobs, and creating a supportive community that provides ongoing support and resources. Additionally, the non-profit provides financial assistance to those in need and offers resources for access to food and other necessities.
6. How can I donate to 'For Our African Jews'? Donations can be made via Bank Transfers, PayPal, and Credit Cards. You can also set up a recurring donation to ensure continuous impact and support the cause on a long-term basis.
7. How will my donation be used? Your donation will support the organization's efforts to promote and advocate for support of African Jewry, provide resources for education and learning about African Jewish culture and traditions, and improve the lives of the less fortunate, youth, and elderly members of the community.
8. Is 'For Our African Jews' a registered charity? Yes, 'For Our African Jews' is a 501c3 Charity, and all donations to this cause are tax-deductible.